See also: Default Mode Network and ADHD | Navigate ADHD
Triple Network Theory
I think we could now make the conceptual model we were building substantially better.
CEN difficulty
“I can't reliably hold and execute the plan.”
CBT compensates with:
written plans
calendars
checklists
routines
task decomposition
external working memory
problem-solving algorithms.
SN difficulty
“This isn't salient enough NOW.”
CBT increases external salience with:
alarms
visual cues
deadlines
accountability
timers
immediate consequences/rewards
environmental prompts.
DMN interference
“My attention wandered somewhere else.”
CBT/third-wave work develops:
noticing attention drift
mindfulness
redirecting attention without self-criticism
removing competing stimuli
structured work intervals.
Switching difficulty
“I know what I'm supposed to do, but I can't transition into doing it.”
CBT uses:
behavioral activation
tiny first steps
implementation intentions
transition cues
preplanned start times
breaking tasks into discrete actions.
That last area is particularly interesting because ADHD-specific CBT targeting behavioral activation has now shown an advantage over another ADHD psychotherapy for activation itself. [frontiersin.org]



.png)
0 Comments