A couple with different flavors of ADHD

 

Here are the DSM-V criteria for ADHD.  I am curious in comparing how my husband and I display different "flavors" of ADHD and how that might correlate with our personalities.

Here are the symptoms my husband Greg displays.  He is carelessly inattentive, cannot sustain attention (not really even interested), with poor follow through, very little interest in scheduling or organizing his time, major procrastination and easily distractible. He is also a squirmy person, talking too loudly and too much when socializing, blurting out answers (guesses) and interrupting others.




I'm cross posting this on my temperament blog. What contributes to ADHD? (eytassessment.blogspot.com) Greg is an INFJ with this pattern.  Greg has dominant Ni (introverted iNtuition) compared to my Si.  I think that contributes to his flavor of space cadet. His animal stack is: blast, sleep, consume, play last. I wonder if low consume contributes to ADHD (though high consume would also, just a different flavor).


His Dr. Amen types would probably include Limbic and Anxious ADD.

Here are the symptoms I exhibit. I am also carelessly inattentive, but I can sustain attention (to the point of overfocus), often appearing not to listen (unless at work), with poor follow through, hyperfocused on scheduling or organizing my time, frequently losing things!, also with major procrastination and easily distractible. I am also a squirmy person, often leaving my seat (despite sitting too much at work!), hard time wating, blurting out answers (guesses) and interrupting others.





I am and ISFJ jumper.  I have dominant Si (introverted sensing) compared to Greg's Ni.  My animal stack is: sleep, blast, play, consume last. My absent consume leads to careless errors (which I don't care about).  
My Dr. Amen types would probably include Overfocused, Temporal and Limbic.


ADHD AND THE BRAIN










Comments

Popular Posts